Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Backtrack to Mon/Tues

I was really struggling with the section on the discourses of health in PE. I was writing up research done on each area, but this was often overlapping what I had said earlier in the 'rationale for health in PE. I also wanted to make this section more of an outline of each discourse, what can or can't be said about it. My writing was getting really confused so I mailed what I had done to Emma so we can have a chat about it this week. Today she gave me a Jan Wright paper, which looks to be very helpful. I will read this more thoroughly and get back to this bit tomorrow(?) after completing the section I am currently on.
So, being in a confused rut I moved on to the next section. The policy legacy of the NCPE. Over the last two days I have written about 6 pages on this. Unfortunately I also have a long list of this to be added to it. Feel free to direct my lit review regarding the following - online links/papers are great :) ...
The ERA 88 (particularly changes to school management)
The 1992 NC Orders
Who runs the SSCO programme? how many schools does this affect now (incl partnership primaries)
Healthy Schools initiative/Health Promoting Schools
the change in the role of LEAs due to ERA, are there stats for numbers of advisers before and after?
NQT competencies (references)
gov white paper excellence in schools
background on SCAA
other definitons of pedagogy

Quite a few gaps to fill in. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home